Sunday, April 21, 2013

Siri, anastonishing technology


Siri - an astonishing  technology.
Simply, it is a miracle of modern science.

Whenever I come to US, everytime some new technology makes me spell bound.
This time , the technology kept me astonished is Siri, intoduced by Apple in its latest iphones.
What is Siri ?
It is an intelligence personal secretary built into all type of Apple iphone 4S smart phones.
Actually , what is it ?
Speech recognition commuter application. You can ask , it will reply.
Is it a robot ?
No, it is built into latest iPhones. Those who have Iphone 4,5, can make use of  siri.

What it does ?
Read this coversation between an executive and siri. The executive is driving his car.

 Exe : What will be the weather in this area tomorrow ? 
 Siri : Sunny days for coming one week.
What is the share price of Microsoft Corporation to-day  ?.
It is 29.14 $ 
Can you send a message to my friend Naveen ?
Tell me  the mail ID and the message.
Naveen @ yahoo .com , the message ," when are you going to India ?"
Yes, it is done.
What day is Christmas , this year 2013 ?
Wednesday
What is the time in India now ?
Night 9
Is there any south Indian restaurant in this area ? 
I found several restaurants in the area. 5 of them are fairly close to you.
And a list of restaurants with address/phone are sent.
What is the current rate of a dollar in Indian rupees ?
Rs 55
Can you add an appointment tomorrow in my schedule at 9 pm .
Yes, it is done.
I need immediately a medicine.
Go to  Walgreens Medical shop  to buy medicine.  
Where  is Walgreens ?
Go straight half mile and turn right.
What is  the distance from here to Santa Cruz beach ?
40 miles. one hour travel.
How is weather there ?
Good, sunny day.
Where is computer History  museum in Boston?
No 300, Congress street, Boston.
I will dictate a mail, can you send it to my friend sam 0001@ gmail.com
Yes, dictate the mail.................. yes it is done.
Wake up me  to-morrow at 6 am.
OK.
Can you find me a gas station within one mile ?
 I found 15 gas stations fairly close to you and a list of gas stations is shown.
Read my new messages.
1) To-day evening  official meeting at 6 pm is rescheduled for 6 : 30 pm.
2 ) Income tax attorney wants to meet you on Friday at 4 pm.
What is the egagement  on my calender for Friday at 4 pm?.
It is free, no appointment,
Schedule an appointment at 4 pm with Income tax attorney.
Your appointment  has been scheduled
Who won the Oscar  best actor award in 2011
Looking, here's what I found : Jean Dujardin in the film Artist
When is the next solar eclipse ?
I found this: Thursday May 10th at 5:25 pm.

Conclusion :
Siri  responds with answers to your questions, we feel as if a person is by our side.
Wonder, wonder, a great wonder. It is nothing but an  intelligent personal Secretary.
If questions like, causes for heart heart attacks, symptoms of stroke,etc, it sends immediately the links to read.

Last time , when I came to US, GPS was a great wonder to me. 
Before that visit,  the Asimo Rebot at Walt Disney , which walks, dances, claims stairs, plays piano - wondered me.
This time, the  Siri. It recognizes our voice and responds. It is a man made talking intelligent  human.

What does the word Siri means ?
In Scandivinavia, it means," beautiful woman who leads you to victory."
Apple technology introduced Siri, the personal assistant. It gives company to us.

What is next technology the Apple is going to introduce ?
iWatch, it is  a wrist watch , it  can do everything, GPS , time, photo , youTube.  cell phone, email,  etc etc. all are anxiously awaiting to have the iWatch on their wrists.
(Now some iWatches are available,  made by other companies but for the release of Apple iWatch all are waiting )
=============================22nd Apr 2013











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home